Grievance Redressal Cell
The Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC) aims to look into the complaints lodged by any student and redress it. The students can state their grievance regarding any academic and non- academic matter within the campus as well. Students may approach the cell to voice their grievances regarding academic matters, library and other services. Any form of discontent or dissatisfaction on the part of the students can be informed to the cell. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the co-ordinator of the Students’ Grievance Cell. The cell redresses the grievances promptly and judiciously. As a result of this scenario, our College has a pleasant ambient atmosphere and good work culture with in-built goodwill and mutual understanding among the students.
The main objective of Grievance Redressal Cell is to promote and maintain a conducive and harmonious educational environment among the students. The Students’ Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the students of the College. Following are the major objectives of the Cell :
- Grievance cell is formed in order to keep the healthy working atmosphere amongst the students
- This cell helps Students to lodge their complaints and solve their problems related to academics, resources and personal grievancesfreely.
- To keep the dignity of the college high by safeguarding conflict free atmosphere in the College by upholding good Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship.
- To ensure effective solution with an impartial and fair approach.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism
A bonafide student or staff is provided with numerous means to notify the institution of any grievances concerning the institution or the activities in the institution. The aggrieved can opt any among the following methods to alert the authorities:
- Direct approach: The students can approach any committee members of the grievance redressal cell of the institution to report any grievance of any nature.
- Complaint boxes: There are college complaint boxes lodged on every floor of the college buildings. The grievances can be written and dropped in them anytime. The grievances other than those concerning sexual harassment complaints can be dropped in unanimously.
- Post: Letters of complaint can be sent through the official postal address of the institution. (The time of action does not include the delays caused in receiving the complaints.) The official postal address of the college:
S.N.M College, Maliankara (PO), Moothakunnam Via, North Paravoor, Ernakulam Dist, Kerala- 683516
- Website: There is 24 x7 Grievances provision to register the complaints unanimously through the official website of the college- snmcollege.ac.in The link to the Grievance Redressal Cell (CGRC) that address general complaints and the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) that address issues and complaints related to occurrences of sexual harassment and ragging in the campus are conveniently provided in the website.
- Phone numbers: The complaints can also be communicated as unanimous phone calls, WhatsApp messages or SMS through the contact details of the concerned committee authorities displayed widely in the campus through posters, notice boards, brochures and the college academic diary.
- Induction Programs: The students are duly informed of the functioning and mechanism of the College Grievance Redressal Cell (CGRC) and Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) and the contact details of the concerning authorities are shared during the program.
The institution pledges on maintaining the confidentiality of the issue and the identity of the aggrieved despite the means of approach adopted by the victim/person authorized to report the grievance. The college engage in strict actions with immediate effects after consultation with the concerned authorities and impartial investigations.
- Dr. Jitha T H, Principal (Chairperson)
- Ms. Theertha Joy, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce(Convener)
- Dr. Babitha K, Senior assistant superintendent of Examination
- Ms. Sreeja V S, Assistant Ptofessor, Department of Economics
- Ms. Viji M P, Assistant professor, Department of Malayalam
- Ms. Raghi K K, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce (SF)
- Union Chairperson